Baby Registry

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Magnetic Chore Chart Craft

Ok, now I know that I'm not the only one that has trouble getting their kids to do chores every day. Seriously, I can't be the only one! In an effort to get some happy participation in helping around the house, I made these amazing magnets. When placed properly on the refrigerator or any magnetic surface, for that matter, they magically become a chore chart for the whole family!

Georgia-Pacific Standard 92 Multipurpose Paper, 8.5x11-Inch, Pack of 3 (998606)
H&R Block 2015 Deluxe + State Tax Software + Refund Bonus Offer - Windows Download
Fire Kids Edition, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB, Blue Kid-Proof Case

When I started brainstorming ideas to avoid the nightly chore arguments, I tried to see it through their eyes. Why don't they want to help the family? Well, I decided that they are not aware of the things that we, as parents, are doing for the family, and they aren't given any options concerning which chores they do every day. On Monday, you clean bathrooms! That's not quite fair. I know that if I decided that I don't feel like cleaning the bathroom today, I probably won't! Ha! I'll probably use that time to do something elsewhere.

Shop Amazon - Contract Cell Phones & Service Plans
Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices
Shop Amazon - Create an Amazon Baby Registry
Shop Amazon - Create an Amazon Wedding Registry

I'm really not a very crafty person, but I can fake it fairly well when I have to, and this was a pretty easy project. All you need are self sticking magnet strips and paper printed with the names of all family members, all days of the week that you do chores, and all of the chores available. I also made some thumbs up magnets just to show if each person was keeping up on their chores or not. Cut out your words (or pictures) and adhere them to the magnets. Cut the magnets to size, and viola! You've got your pile of magnets to arrange on your metal surface. Easy Peasy!

Click on the image to get discounted magnet sheets!

That's all for now! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it Button on Hover