Baby Registry

Monday, November 23, 2015

Birthday Favorites and a Thanksgiving Craft

We've just finished the birthday season in our house. When I say season, I mean our entire family of 5 all has birthdays at the end of the year. We've got one in September, two in October, and two in November. Mine is last of course!

The youngest has the first birthday. She turned 1 this year! She's a typical 1 year old. She loves music and dancing and following her older siblings around. Her favorite gift was this Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair, It's a fun musical chair, and it has different stages for different ages. Mostly, she likes to hide things in the seat compartment.

The next birthday belongs to the oldest kid. She turned 10 this year, and I think she turned into a teenager over night! Whew! I'm going to have my work cut out for me with this one. I should add that she's exactly like me, and that's especially scary! Her birthday presents are a little more boring to the untrained eye, but once she gets to it, I'm sure that her "The Indian in the Cupboard" book will be her favorite present

Next up is Daddy's Birthday. I think he was most impressed with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cake that the kids made for him. I quite enjoyed it as well! Delicious! I don't have a recipe, I'm sorry, the kids made it at their Nana's house. We also had this Betty Crocker, Premium Cupcake Mix, Reese's Peanut Butter & Chocolate, 14.5oz Box (Pack of 4)
cake in the cupboard that we had planned on making, and it was pretty delicious as well!

The boy was the next birthday. He turned 5 this year, and he is obsessed with video games and electronics. He has his own YouTube channel. Let me repeat that. HE IS 5. HE CREATES AND MANAGES HIS OWN YOUTUBE CHANNEL! No, I am not linking it here at this point. He is still a 5 year old boy and a total spaz! He could, however, very well be better at using technology than I am. His favorite birthday gift this year was Super Mario Maker - Nintendo Wii U, and this game is outstanding. In Super Mario Maker, you create your own Super Mario World, and it appears that eventually you have an entire created game. You receive elements to use from all of the different Mario games periodically throughout the game. His favorite thing to do is create a world where all of the ? boxes are filled with Goombas, and then trick his older sister into "testing" his level out for him. HA!

And finally, My birthday was yesterday! I've got to say that my favorite presents were the homemade cards from the kids, and after my day was over, some alcoholic root beer and Old Fashion Vanilla 8 Pints vanilla ice cream for grown up root beer floats!



This week we'll be making a thanksgiving craft for placeholders at our table. My "thinks she's a teenager" 10 year old daughter recently opened her own pinterest account, and she's already obsessed with DIY projects, soooo.....I'm a little scared! This is what she picked for Thanksgiving: It can be found here: Pinecone Turkey
I'll make sure to take lots of pictures for you all!

That's all for now,

Tisha



Find me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it Button on Hover